Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh strawberry halves
1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour melted butter into the bottom of a 9×13-inch glass baking dish.
- Mix milk, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl; pour over the butter in the baking dish. Arrange strawberry halves in a layer into the baking dish. Dot the strawberries with the cream cheese pieces.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown and edges are bubbling, 30 to 45 minutes.
Lemon-Basil Strawberry Caprese
About 2 dozen small to medium sized fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
Zest from 1 medium-sized lemon
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 2 dozen cubes
1 dozen medium-sized fresh strawberries, washed and dried
- In a small bowl, combine the basil leaves, lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, salt and sugar.
- Add the cubed mozzarella and gently toss to be sure all of the cheese is well coated. Cover with plastic wrap, place in the refrigerator, and marinate for 15 minutes.
- While While the cheese is marinating, cut the strawberries, horizontally, into ¼ to ½-inch slices.
- Remove the marinating cheese from the refrigerator and place 1 dozen of the largest strawberry slices on a serving plate. Place one piece of cheese on top of each strawberry base, being sure to pick up bits of basil and lemon zest with each one. Add a second slice of strawberry on top, followed by another piece of cheese (again, well coated with basil and zest). Now gently stick a toothpick through each stack.
- Sprinkle black pepper over the entire plate and serve. (Be generous with the pepper, it adds a nice kick to the sweetness of the berries.)
Strawberry, Basil and Balsamic Pizza
16 ounces prepared whole wheat pizza dough
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella
5 ounces goat cheese
1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries, sliced
1 tablespoon fresh basil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.* Roll out your pizza dough into a 12 to 14-inch round on a floured surface. Top the pizza dough with the shredded mozzarella, big crumbles of goat cheese, and strawberries. Bake on a lightly oiled baking sheet (or on a pizza stone, if you have one) until the cheese is bubbling and golden and the crust is crisp underneath, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the balsamic reduction. In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar and honey. Gently simmer the mixture on medium-low heat until it is reduced in volume by half (this should take about 10 to 15 minutes) and set aside.
- Once the pizza is done baking, top it with a sprinkle of basil and freshly ground black pepper. Slice it and use a spoon to lightly drizzle balsamic vinegar on top, as shown in pictures. Serve!
Strawberry Shortcake Cookies (Ice Cream Sandwiches – optional)
2 cups (12 ounces) hulled and dices strawberries
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
2/3 cup heavy cream
vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the strawberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, and lemon juice and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 1/2 cup of sugar. (I forgot to add the remaining sugar and these were still amazing…more like a biscuit than a sweet cookie. It worked really well with the sweet ice cream sandwiched between two of the not-so-sweet cookies.) Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the cream until the dough begins to come together and then stir in the strawberries.
- Use a tablespoon to drop cookie dough onto baking sheet lined with parchment. (I found it easiest to just use my hands and form golf ball sized balls of dough.)
- Bake until golden brown, about 24 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- If making into ice cream sandwiches, flip half of the cookies over and top with a tablespoon or so of vanilla ice cream. Place the remaining cookies on top and press down lightly. Freeze for 30 minutes to allow the ice cream to firm back up before serving.
Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon
1-1 1/2 lb salmon filet
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup hearty red wine
1/4 cup orange marmalade
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 cup minced onion
1/2 cup quartered strawberries
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and place in a plastic storage bag or flesh side down in a shallow pan.
- Whisk together the wine and marmalade and pour about ¼ cup of the mixture over the salmon. Set aside the remainder, and marinate the salmon for 15-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your broiler, place salmon on broiler pan, and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil salmon for 10-12 minutes, or until nearly cooked through.
- While salmon is in the broiler, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 3 minutes, to soften the onion.
- Reduce heat to low, add the red wine and marmalade mixture and reduce slightly.
- When the salmon has been removed from the broiler, add the strawberries and salmon to the pan. Cook salmon for another five minutes or so, basting the sauce over the salmon until sauce has thickened, and salmon is glazed and cooked through to desired doneness.
2 cups fresh strawberries
3 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups vegetables oil
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Slice strawberries and place in medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle lightly with sugar, and set aside while preparing batter.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in large bowl; mix well. Blend oil and eggs in strawberries. Add strawberry mixture, blending until dry ingredients are just moistened. Stir in pecans. Divide batter into pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes (test each loaf separately). Let cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn loaves out of pans, and allow to cool before slicing.
Cooking tip: Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Strawberry Dole Whip
1 cup sliced frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen raspberries or more strawberries
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/16 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Scoop out and eat OR put in a plastic bag and freeze ten minutes, then cut a hole in the bag’s edge and squeeze out in a swirl.
Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Strawberry Sauce Recipe
1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
2 cups chopped fresh strawberries, divided
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/3 cup chopped green onionsDirections:
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, 1 cup strawberries, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Strain mixture and set aside liquid, discarding solids.
- Sprinkle pork with garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork in batches on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth mixture to the pan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth and gradually stir into skillet.
- Return pork to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and pork is tender. Top each serving with cheese, onions and remaining strawberries.
Strawberry Jam Chicken
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon
8 tablespoons strawberry jam (see our other videos for a strawberry jam recipe)
1/4-1/2 cup hot water
- Dissolve half of jam in hot water, pour into 8×8 pan.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and cinnamon, press with back of spoon to adhere spices.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of jam on each breast CAREFULLY, it should be a fairly thick layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Jam should thicken slightly when cooked. Serve with cold jam on the side
*Note: If your chicken crowds the pan a little you may want to start with 1/4 cup water and jam and add more halfway through cooking if needed.
Strawberry, Basil and Goat Cheese Panini
2 slices whole wheat levin bread, thinly sliced
1.5 ounces goat cheese
3 to 4 strawberries
a few basil leaves, whole or roughly chopped
1 tablespoon butter, or less
2/3 balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup honey
- Spread a layer of goat cheese over both slices of bread. Slice your strawberries relatively thinly by cutting off slices from the outside of the strawberries, leaving the center behind. Spread strawberries over one slice of bread, and basil on the other. Sprinkle both sides with black pepper, and lay the basil slice face down on top of the strawberry slice.
- Heat a small to medium skillet (cast iron is best) over medium heat. Melt one to two teaspoons of butter in the skillet, then add the sandwich. Cover it with a plate or appropriately sized dish and weigh it down with something heavy, like canned beans or a cast iron skillet. Cook until the bottom of the bread is lightly browned, about two to three minutes, then lift the sandwich from the pan, add another pat of butter, let it melt, and return the sandwich to repeat on the other side. Slice each sandwich in half and serve warm.
- To make the balsamic honey sauce, combine the balsamic vinegar and honey in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer, stirring constantly, until the liquid is reduced by about half (15 minutes or more). Pour the liquid into a small bowl to cool.